Some songs gain more meaning over the years. In 1978 Paul weller wrote this, it could be about 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUH94BftYo
To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer a rock singer
Or a big film star, yes I think I would like that
To be rich and have lots of fans
Have lots of girls to prove that I’m a man
And be no. 1 - and liked by everyone
Getting drugged up with my trendy friends
They really dig me and I dig them
And the bread I spend - is like my fame - it's quickly diminished
And there's no more swimming in a guitar shaped pool
No more reporters at my beck and call
No more cocaine it's only ground chalk
No more taxis now well have to walk
But didn't we have a nice time -
Didn't we have a nice time
Oh wasn't it such a fine time
I realize I should have stuck to my guns
Instead shit out to be one of the bastard sons
And lose myself - I know it was wrong - but it's cost me a lot
And there's no more drinking after the club shuts down,
Im out on me arse with the rest of the clowns
Its really frightening without a bodyguard
So I stay confined to my lonely room
But didn't we have a nice time -
Didn't we have a nice time
Oh wasn't it such a fine time
To be someone must be a wonderful thing
-P.Weller 1978
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUeXtwBDDM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GETTING CARRIED AWAY
Let's all get carried away shall we? Over reaction is the new black, Knee-jerkism is the opium of the masses and outrage rules the day...
WELLYOULIKEDTHAT
-
Ho Ho Ho Bob Grant played Jack ‘Jacko’ Harper the Lothario Bus Conductor in On the Buses which, amazingly, ran for 74 episodes between 1969 ...
-
Clarence, with his catchphrase, "Hello Honky Tonks, how are you" was a character from The Dick Emery show that was a personal favo...
-
An old piece of Youtube magic popped up today. Holly Jervis; comedic marvel as seen in the appalling X-Factor Holly Jervis; delusional, unt...
-
Dear reader, there is no easy way to say this so I will just come out with it; think I may be addicted to Masterchef. Yes the culinary chal...
-
Vincent Gallo splits opinion but is definitely a talent, one who is a risk taker. In Buffalo 66 we see the mundanes of an extreme situatio...

No comments:
Post a Comment
having said that;