HOUNDS OF LOVE

 



I like dogs, I think dogs are great. They are loyal, loving and will never turn their back on you. They offer companionship and help we humans to care for another living creature. During this on going lockdown the sight of dogs being walked, carried and generally exercised have punctuated my daily walks. All manner of dogs; big, small, short and tall with a variety of owners to match. 

What I have noticed is that different areas have different canines of choice. The French bulldog is ubiquitous on Hampstead Heath, there is a prevalence of Daschunds on Parliament Hill and the Labrador still holds  sway on Highbury Fields  those teddy bear dogs populate Waterlow Park and Whittington park seems to be the aggressive dog capital of Islington.

In Highgate dog carrying is rife, Crouch End is small dog central and Upper Street has a big dog bias.

For me, I don't care what the make of dog is (although I find the infantilising of small dogs a concern) because I like to see them out and about. They bring a bit of joy to the city during these dark days. Let's hear it for Canis lupus familiaris


Comments

WELLYOULIKEDTHAT