THE JOY OF BOOKS

I am going on holiday. Not earth shattering news I know, but for me, it's the first holiday in two and a half years due to a number of conspiring factors. This time around I'm taking books, plenty of books. No electronic media for me. I may take one of the books I read again every couple of years;






I might buy something new, or borrow a book. I may opt for something I've never got round to reading but always wanted to. I might even buy a trilogy or collection. I do like a good biography and might need to spend an afternoon browsing in an actual bookshop.




One thing I do know, is that when I lay down in the warm Mediterranean sun and open a book I will be transported to another place, the stresses and worries of recent times will be temporarily lifted and I will feel relaxed, at rest and very happy. That, dear reader, is the joy of books






Comments

WELLYOULIKEDTHAT