THE SOPRANOS: THIRD TIME AROUND


I am firmly entrenched in the Sopranos; this is my third veiwing of the entire series and yet, it's as good as I remember it. Some of the underlying humour is more noticable this time around.
Here's a classic exchange, that exemplifies the humourous aspects of the show, from possibly my favourite single episode; the  Pine Barrens

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here.
Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.
[hangs up]
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

Pine Barrens

Comments

WELLYOULIKEDTHAT