Wednesday, 27 October 2010
NASTY NAZI DOUBLE BILL # 1 - 5 para el infierno (Five for Hell)
The star of Basterds is clearly Christopher Waltz as Nazi Col. Hans Landa. His predecessor though would have to be Klaus Kinski as Nazi SS Col. Hans Mueller in Five for Hell. Kinski can always be counted on for his quirkiness and reptiliuan charm and therefore is perfect as the lounge Nazi Mueller.
The film itself is an Italian production that features the standard ‘men on a mission’ format a la The Dirty Dozen but has some great and strange moments that include an unexplained tap-dancing sequence, a lengthy Rififi style break in and numerous pseudo spaghetti Western flourishes.
A group of oddball soldiers (the five from hell) are sent by the allies to steal the details of Plan K a secret Nazi blueprint. led by a baseball fanatic, an ace safe cracker, an athlete and trampoline star, a big dishevelled lunkhead and a soldier who can read and wears spectacles, thereby identifying him as the intellectual of the group. In true ‘mission’ style not all of them will survive.Colonel Muller is staying in the exact location of the plans and therefore becomes the five’s nemesis.
This is a movie that has wooden acting, poor dubbing, gymnastic soldiers, baseballs, a sex bomb double agent and ludicrously unconvincing action. But you know what? It's a hoot!
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- HAPPY HALOWEEN
- Wecan be heroes # 2 Paulie
- We can be Heroes # 1 Buddy Love
- NAUGHTY NAZI DOUBLE BILL # 2 - Ilsa She Wolf of th...
- NASTY NAZI DOUBLE BILL # 1 - 5 para el infierno (F...
- MY HIT LIST # 34 The Sopranos
- Christian Bale-Mr Angry
- MY HIT LIST # 33 Archie Bell and the Drells-Strate...
- MY HIT LIST #32 Pie and Mash
- MY HIT LIST#31 the Natural History Museum
- JACOBS CREEP
- Death by a thousand cuts
- Pretty Vacant
- Hello Honky Tonks
- MY HIT LIST # 29 SE7EN opening credits
- MY HIT LIST #28 Routemaster bus
- MY HIT LIST # 27 Paul Smith socks
- MY HIT LIST # 26 Liza Minnelli in New York New Yor...
- MY HIT LIST # 25 Symphony in Slang
- The only way is Upper street
- All hail the Dweeb!
- Banned Books
- Public Information Fear
- UP WEST
- MY HIT LIST #23 ain't no mountain high enough
- MY HIT LIST # 22 The young Elizabeth Taylor
- MY HIT LIST #21 Cohiba Robusto
- Unlikely couples
- Carole King and James Taylor live at the troubadou...
- MY HIT LIST # 20 Robert DeNiro
- WELLTHEYSAIDTHAT-ANIMAL HOUSE
- Each Dawn I Die
- watching paint dry
- ▼ October (35)