Friday, 9 July 2010
Let’s make one thing clear, I love Curb your enthusiasm. Having said that, Larry David stepped into the film world with the 1998 movie Sour Grapes; a film that was, shall we say, a bit of a flop. The translation of David’s writing to the big screen should have been problem free but it wasn’t and therein lays the dichotomy. Talent like Larry’s just didn’t work in the context of the movies. To put it bluntly this film stinks. Bad acting over blown mugging to the camera, irritating voiced characters and no likability or grudging respect for anyone. It’s awful.
Larry David is ideally placed to make an episode of Curb about how bad the film is . Now that would be pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Sour grapes the whole film in 7 minutes
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- WYST is on holiday
- PUB (literally) QUIZ
- WYST is packing it's bags
- My Double Bills #21 Ben Stiller x 2
- When is a bad film a good film
- To be someone (didn't we have a nice time)
- TOXIC BOSS
- ADVERT BREAK Adios & Wii
- My double bills#22 Murder by Death & Dead men don'...
- ADVERT BREAK
- Be Cool as Ice
- ADVERT BREAK
- ain’t it funky
- well they said that-Blake (Glengarry Glen Ross)
- Raging Avians
- well they said that-Stewart Lee
- Well they said that-Alfred Hitchcock
- Creativity at work
- just rewards
- couldn't Care less class©
- Astringency in the UK
- Well they said that-Chris Rock
- Woody Allen is quite smart
- The Glutton Bowl three two one eat
- Zombies are a geeks best friend
- LIVE AID 25 YEARS
- Heil Honey I'm Home
- If there weren't any Curry & chips you'd have to i...
- So many acronyms so little time
- Sour Grapes
- Spielberg’s list.
- Being N-Dubz the TV show
- Rememberance of five years past
- My double bills# 20 Went the day well? & Pastor Ha...
- Empire state of mind
- My double bills #19 Nick & Nicks VHS adventures
- Broadband Bellends
- Police and theives in the street, oh yeah
- ▼ July (40)