Thursday, 8 July 2010
Being N-Dubz the TV show
‘Reality series following the lives of rising music stars N-Dubz - who consist of Dappy, Tulisa and Fazer - as they adjust to their newfound fame as a group and enjoy success in the UK charts’-Channel 4
Great, just what we need, a fly on the wall infomercial about a pop group who’s aspiration is to be the UK’s version of the excruciating Black eyed peas. One of them looks like an anaemic smurf, the other a pound stretcher gangster and the other is presumably there to add some ‘ghetto fabulousness’.
The ungodly racket they produce is to popular music what the Lib/Dem alliance is to independent thought.
This rabble started off as the Lickle Rinsers Crew, their message was proudly extolled within the songs "Bad Man Riddim" and "Life Is Getting Sicker by the Day".
The most truly awful of this truly awful trio is a bloke who calls himself Dappy, his real name being Dino Contostavlos; a far more interesting moniker. This character has one of those faces you want to hit with a shovel. He has a habit of wearing ludicrous hats and bullying people using his mobile phone. Splendid stuff you faux role model you..
I would imagine that this offering from channel 4 will be watched by their fans. Those fans that, five minutes before the Dubz arrived on the scene loved another ‘band’ with equal fervour and will move on to another set of musical malcontents five minutes after the bubble bursts.
Extremely poor television and a reminder that Channel 4 which produces Cutting Edge, Channel 4 News and Despatches still has a large toe in the visual garbage market.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- WYST is on holiday
- PUB (literally) QUIZ
- WYST is packing it's bags
- My Double Bills #21 Ben Stiller x 2
- When is a bad film a good film
- To be someone (didn't we have a nice time)
- TOXIC BOSS
- ADVERT BREAK Adios & Wii
- My double bills#22 Murder by Death & Dead men don'...
- ADVERT BREAK
- Be Cool as Ice
- ADVERT BREAK
- ain’t it funky
- well they said that-Blake (Glengarry Glen Ross)
- Raging Avians
- well they said that-Stewart Lee
- Well they said that-Alfred Hitchcock
- Creativity at work
- just rewards
- couldn't Care less class©
- Astringency in the UK
- Well they said that-Chris Rock
- Woody Allen is quite smart
- The Glutton Bowl three two one eat
- Zombies are a geeks best friend
- LIVE AID 25 YEARS
- Heil Honey I'm Home
- If there weren't any Curry & chips you'd have to i...
- So many acronyms so little time
- Sour Grapes
- Spielberg’s list.
- Being N-Dubz the TV show
- Rememberance of five years past
- My double bills# 20 Went the day well? & Pastor Ha...
- Empire state of mind
- My double bills #19 Nick & Nicks VHS adventures
- Broadband Bellends
- Police and theives in the street, oh yeah
- ▼ July (40)