Sunday, 25 July 2010
Be Cool as Ice
cool as ice intro
A poll of 3,000 British coffeeists saw the iPhone just ahead of its manufacturer Apple,in second place.The Internet was the third coolest thing according to the study. At fourth place was the iPod, while Aston Martin’s DB9 rounded up the top 5. Cadbury’s chocolate and auction site eBay also made it to the top 10.
cool as ice
“It was interesting seeing what the nation deems to be cool,” said Costa’s Kevin Hydes.
Yeah, very interesting! Not to mention utterly baffling!
Top 10 of the 100 coolest things on the planet are:
• iPhone-fair enough, it is good
• Apple-yeah their design ethic is excellent
• the Internet-sort of
• iPod-see number 1
• Aston Martin DB9-yeah, even if you don’t like cars this is pretty cool
• Cadbury’s chocolate-awful, it’s nowhere near being decent chocolate
• Sky+-Don’t leave home without it
• eBay-good for a bargain
• Mobile Phones-bit cool, bit annoying
• Facebook –AWFUL! just go out there and make some proper friends
Now everyone is entitled to an opinion about what quantifies coolness. It’s not actually a scientifically provable thing but most know what the general elements of being cool are. Therefore I was flabbergasted by a great deal of this list. In particular these utterly uncool selections;
cool as ice rewind
• GHD hair straighteners at 14-they straighten hair. You can do that with an iron.
• Sex & The City at 43-excruciating pap
• Primark at 50-cheap tat
• Ant & Dec at 52-Dull and Duller
• Avatar at 55-Dull smurfs
• The A-Team at 60-crap TV. crap movie. crap.
• Eastenders at 62-I prefer something a bit lighter; like The World at War
• The X Factor at 74-Can’t sing, won’t work
• The Twilight saga at 82-oh, just grow up!
• Jeremy Clarkson at 89-Cool? Bollocks,the dirty great lumbering oaf
• Big Brother at 90-Dragging it’s tired carcass in it’s final year, should have been put out of it’s misery eight years ago…with a sledgehammer
• Simon Cowell at 94 ( a place above Stevie Wonder! )-words fail me
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- WYST is on holiday
- PUB (literally) QUIZ
- WYST is packing it's bags
- My Double Bills #21 Ben Stiller x 2
- When is a bad film a good film
- To be someone (didn't we have a nice time)
- TOXIC BOSS
- ADVERT BREAK Adios & Wii
- My double bills#22 Murder by Death & Dead men don'...
- ADVERT BREAK
- Be Cool as Ice
- ADVERT BREAK
- ain’t it funky
- well they said that-Blake (Glengarry Glen Ross)
- Raging Avians
- well they said that-Stewart Lee
- Well they said that-Alfred Hitchcock
- Creativity at work
- just rewards
- couldn't Care less class©
- Astringency in the UK
- Well they said that-Chris Rock
- Woody Allen is quite smart
- The Glutton Bowl three two one eat
- Zombies are a geeks best friend
- LIVE AID 25 YEARS
- Heil Honey I'm Home
- If there weren't any Curry & chips you'd have to i...
- So many acronyms so little time
- Sour Grapes
- Spielberg’s list.
- Being N-Dubz the TV show
- Rememberance of five years past
- My double bills# 20 Went the day well? & Pastor Ha...
- Empire state of mind
- My double bills #19 Nick & Nicks VHS adventures
- Broadband Bellends
- Police and theives in the street, oh yeah
- ▼ July (40)