Tuesday, 8 June 2010
well they said that
In our sound bite culture I wonder if those people who are movie stars, actors,athletes, comedians and musicians have any fibre or depth.
The equivalents that i grew up with all had something to say aside from their obvious gifts. Perhaps they were more rounded, perhaps it was a reflection of independent thought, who knows? But talent and depth seemed to go hand in hand.
I would be interested if the modern versions (although I should say pale imitations) of the following people have anything to say that involves heart, soul or insight.
I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.
Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
Let us come together before we're annihilated.
If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative.
It's easy to fool the eye but it's hard to fool the heart.
As long as one person lives in darkness then it seems to be a responsibility to tell other people.
War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate.
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.
They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.
If you look at yourself as a star, you've already lost something in the portrayal of any human being.
I'm for human lib, the liberation of all people, not just black people or female people or gay people.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- PRYOR There's a thin line between to laugh with an...
- My Double Bills# 18 Eddie Murphy: Raw & Chris Roc...
- What’s all the fuss about? # 1 The Lord of the Rin...
- Wake up everybody
- A bumper bundle of Birthdays Today 26th June
- Olly Moss Movie Posters
- My Double bills # 17 Men on a mission
- Mister Bombastic
- Moments to Cherish
- (Belated) Happy Birthday Kathleen Turner
- My Double Bills# 16 Erin Brokovich & Jerry Maguire...
- Return of Goldeneye
- Only foolas and girls on horses.
- Cobi King of the Mascots
- From Willie to Zakuni World Cup Mascots review.
- My Double Bills # 15 Horror double feature: Drag ...
- Jerome Silberman
- CHARLES GRODIN
- The final word on Big Brother
- Johnny Vaughn feedback
- whatever happened to...
- well they said that
- Location, Location, Location
- GOBUYANYCOMPARECAR.COM abuse
- June 6th a day to remember
- Two times the glitz two times the glamour
- Imperator Novus Vestis
- We don't need this Fashion groove thing
- TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE PATRIOTIC PUPPET POMP
- Dynamic Duo
- ▼ June (33)