Thursday, 3 June 2010
We don't need this Fashion groove thing
Surely the most vacuous, self indulgent, smug, inane and self serving industry on the planet. No one actually knows what the word fashion means. To most right minded people all they see is wafer thin morons pouting on catwalks in a selection of ludicrous uncomfortable and impractical creative excrement.
The people in the industry take themselves and their place in the world far too seriously and seem to exist in a vacuum that is devoid of common sense or humanity.
It appears to exist for its own sake and unlike the art world, which it aches to be associated with, there is no creativity that tells us anything about the human condition. The Fashion Industry would seem to be a refuge for the pretentious and untalented. Hate and scorn are its way of dealing with anyone not au fait with the creative process and the way in which young girls and boys are encouraged to be anorexic sycophants is alarming.
Far from encouraging individuality it churns out generic and stereotypical examples of conformity for cash.
Fashion, the industry, is truly the prime proponent of the Emperors New Clothes syndrome.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- PRYOR There's a thin line between to laugh with an...
- My Double Bills# 18 Eddie Murphy: Raw & Chris Roc...
- What’s all the fuss about? # 1 The Lord of the Rin...
- Wake up everybody
- A bumper bundle of Birthdays Today 26th June
- Olly Moss Movie Posters
- My Double bills # 17 Men on a mission
- Mister Bombastic
- Moments to Cherish
- (Belated) Happy Birthday Kathleen Turner
- My Double Bills# 16 Erin Brokovich & Jerry Maguire...
- Return of Goldeneye
- Only foolas and girls on horses.
- Cobi King of the Mascots
- From Willie to Zakuni World Cup Mascots review.
- My Double Bills # 15 Horror double feature: Drag ...
- Jerome Silberman
- CHARLES GRODIN
- The final word on Big Brother
- Johnny Vaughn feedback
- whatever happened to...
- well they said that
- Location, Location, Location
- GOBUYANYCOMPARECAR.COM abuse
- June 6th a day to remember
- Two times the glitz two times the glamour
- Imperator Novus Vestis
- We don't need this Fashion groove thing
- TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE PATRIOTIC PUPPET POMP
- Dynamic Duo
- ▼ June (33)