Tuesday, 13 April 2010
My Double Bills # 9 Sci Fi Fo Fum
I first came to love these movies when I went to The old Scala Cinema in Tottenham Street London to see the week long Golden Turkey festival back in the eighties. The festival celebrated bad movies. Obviously Ed Wood was well represented with Glen or Glenda and the better known Plan 9 from outer space was on the bill but there were other gems including these two Sci Fi classics.
Jessie James meets Frankensteins daughter replaced Billy the Kid meets Dracula and other bizarrely titled fare included Santa Clause Conquers the Martians,there was also a screening of The pink tinted version of Queens of Outer Space. Nothing better than watching bad movies in an intimate auditorium with like minded people. Glorious stupidity indeed.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- Customer service
- Bateman music critic
- The Wire history
- TIM BURTON myth of originality
- Random Moments # 5 Raining Remixed
- You don't mess with...
- a St George's day drink
- Welcome to Twin Peaks
- A thing of beauty
- Dennis Franz
- Random moments#4 Art & Music Collide
- Random moments #3 Eighties Albums meet Comic books...
- Random moments # 2 Guns are not just for killing
- Zero Tolerance
- Tribute to The Barron Knights
- Robotic Mayhem
- My Double Bills # 9 Sci Fi Fo Fum
- 101 BULLETS: UNKNOWN SOLDIER
- My double bills # 8 strong women
- a right Pen and Ink
- History Lesson
- paparazzi pyjama pop out
- Phone box shenanigans
- A CHIC ORGANISATION PLAYLIST
- My Double Bills # 8 identity is the crisis can't y...
- A POST PUNK PLAYLIST
- Driven to despair
- My double Bills # 7 Original Gangsters
- Perfect Pop as easy as ABC
- Magazine meaning in a crowded market
- ▼ April (33)