And Finally...


"I love you Daesu" Oldboy

It's WYSTs Birthday so here is my Top 30 last lines from Movies. No monologues just succinct words that sum up character and content, fade to black, curtains, Fin, The End

1. “Now, where was I?” Memento

2. “I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.” Goodfellas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DuZnhc6ro

3. “Good. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.” Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0UzG-Gc7II

4. “I was cured all right.” A Clockwork Orange

5. “You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!” Planet of The Apes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fd3pTM4sU

6. “Well, nobody’s perfect.” Some like it hot

7. “...Tara!...Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way to get him back! After all, tomorrow is another day!” Gone with the wind

8. “Sex and death. Two things that come once in a lifetime. But at least after death you’re not nauseous.” Sleeper

9. “It's true, boys. Every word of it. He died like they said. All right, fellas. Let's go and say a prayer for a boy who couldn't run as fast as I could.” Angels with dirty faces

10. “He finally got to the top of the world. And it blew right up in his face.” White Heat
11. = “Emily, I have a little confession to make. I really am a horse doctor. But marry me, and I'll never look at any other horse.” A day at the Races / “Betty said that 'Honesty was the best politics.” Sons of the desert
12. “I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?” Stand by me

13. “I'm not even gonna swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly.’” Psycho

14. “I'm so happy that I am alive, in one piece and short. I'm in a world of shit, yes. But I am alive. And I am not afraid.” Full Metal Jacket

15. “I steal.” I am a fugitive from a chain gang

16. “I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye.” The Silence of the lambs

17. “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, he's gone.” The Usual suspects

18. “The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of.” The Maltese Falcon

19. “The way of the future. The way of the future.” The Aviator

20. “Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Rico?” Little Caesar

21. “Oh, no! It wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast.” King Kong (1933)

22. “He used to be a big shot.” The Roaring Twenties

23. “Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home! Home! And this is my room - and you're all here! And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again because I love you all! - And oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home.” The Wizard of Oz

24. “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” Casablanca

25. “Oh, Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon. We have the stars.” Now Voyager

26. "To you who double-crossed me, I leave this dollar for your trouble. The rest of the dough I leave to the worms." Decoy

27. “There are eight million stories in the naked city. This has been one of them.” The Naked City

28. “Everyone of you listening to my voice, tell the world. Tell this to everybody, wherever they are. Watch the skies, everywhere, keep looking. Keep watching the skies.” The Thing from another World

29. “Shut up and deal.” The Apartment

30. “Old Luke, he was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he’s a natural-born world-shaker.” Cool Hand Luke

And my favourite monologue ending

“...and I thought of that old joke, you know, the, this, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken,' and uh, the doctor says, 'Well why don't you turn him in?' And the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships. You know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and - but uh, I guess we keep going through it...because...most of us need the eggs.” Annie Hall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-M3Q2zhGd4

Comments

  1. Two that spring to my mind:
    Why don’t we just wait here for a while and see what happens. The Thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyS6FYzuf0

    Although, strictly speaking not the last words (should have been – but for American audiences) as it is a phenomenal scene. (too long to write out, just enjoy)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

having said that;

WELLYOULIKEDTHAT