Saturday, 27 February 2010
Get to Grips
And lo it came to pass that a cuckolded Wayne Bridge scorned the hand so warmly proffered by John Terry. A small moment that seemed to have the broadcasters at Sky Sport salivating with anticipation.
That Manchester City humbled the smug Chelsea men, with a 4-2 victory,must have made Wayne’s journey home very sweet indeed.It also makes the title chase more interesting, particularly for teams in Red.
A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago, A disgruntled former employee refused my hand at the end of a football match in which we played on opposite sides. His refusal was based on his own rampant paranoia and was both unsporting and immature. However I had not been up to shenanigans with his missus. His act of defiance made me chuckle but it was in keeping with his mentality. In sport you expect a degree of sportsmanship.
In the case of Bridge and Terry it amplifies the soap opera nature of modern football and will no doubt feature on tomorrows back pages. Still it was good to see some semblance of emotion in ‘JTs’ beady eyes. Rejected at the beginning and beaten at the end.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- For those of you wondering how i produce so much w...
- Top Ten Comic book Characters
- TO A NEW DAY FOR RAMSEY
- Get to Grips
- My Definition of # 3 Tension
- a masterpiece of dialogue and editing from David F...
- Eastbound and Down
- The Definition of...# 2 grace
- To the Max
- GREED AINT GOOD
- My Double Bills # 3
- Classic Cads
- My Double Bills # 2
- victoria concordia crescit
- money makes the ball go around at the emirates
- TOP TEN TRAINERS (an opinion)
- The Definition of...# 1 Beauty
- The Blues Bothers 1980 Dir: John Landis Much ca...
- keep it safe
- Pole axed?
- A GUEST OPINION
- Top Ten Cool movie Characters...
- ... some reasons why i heart ADIDAS...
- A journey to Glory
- My Double Bills # 1
- True Romance on Valentines Day
- Top Ten Movie Psychotic/FrighteningCharacters
- a Timely Reissue awaits?
- pRetTY VaCAnT
- Cheer up it might never happen
- top gear; reasons to be hateful
- The Arsenal Stadium Mystery
- What is going on?
- Contemptuality at fifty
- From Delight to Despair in Five fallow years
- An Arsenal XI to cheer up all Arsenal fans!...and ...
- Faith & Hopeless album sleeves
- last thought on the John Terry micro row
- just a thought
- The waiting game
- another boring blog about Arsenal and that...
- ARSE against AKB
- I reccommend (for my fellow comic book devotees)
- For all Arsenal fans who attended The emirates 31/...
- ▼ February (47)