Monday, 8 February 2010
From Delight to Despair in Five fallow years
Following another loss to Chelsea Garth Crooks asked the panel on MOTD why Arsenal haven’t got in a quality striker, a quality midfielder to play with Cesc and a top class goalkeeper. He said “it’s so obvious, and that’s what they need to turn from a good side into a great side so they can win things”.
So Quality and experience are missing.
Wenger previously said "People reproach me for not having bought Gareth Barry or Xavi Alonso. But I am a prisoner of my own policy. Buying Barry or Alonso is killing Abou Diaby and Denilson."
Did you actually believe that they are better than Alonso or Barry Arsene?
When asked about the Goalkeeping position wenger said "“Yes I believe we have [enough quality],”
How can you possibly believe that Arsene?
Wenger says about Chelsea "They make the foul at the right time when they are caught on the counter-attack. The little push, it is not enough to get a yellow card. They have a lot of tricks as a very experienced team and they do that very well."
Does this mean that experience is a good thing Arsene?
Wenger also says "We were a bit unfortunate as well in the same period to play Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool on the trot"
Should this matter if you feel the squad and team are good enough Arsene?
Facts: Almunia & Clichy not good enough. Walcott confidence drained. Arshavin is not a target man. Failure to buy a striker or keeper or left back in the transfer window. Injuries to RVP & Gibbs and the poverty of Almunia's stats dictated action needed to be taken. Failure to compete for FA cup @ Carling cup. 5 years no trophies yet no pressure on Wenger. Arsenal have missed out on 20 trophies available yet the manager has a job for life. The squad is the worst of the so called top 4 yet Wenger fails to add proven quality despite revenue from Adebayor/Tourre sale. Time and again beaten by the big clubs. Failure to carry through a youth policy; Denilson has played 150 games with no improvement yet starts ahead of Ramsey. From 49 games unbeaten to 5 barren years. I could go on and on pointing out the issues that bring Arsenal to where we are now but they've been heard before. A friend who was at the game feels that the tide is turning among the fans towards questioning Wenger. TalkSpite callers, who generally call in to answer back to the anti Arsenal bias of the station,were all complaining about Arsene, and on The Web respected posts like Arseblog, Goodplaya and The Online Gooner are asking questions.
Simple facts that point to a logical solution; Arsene Really Should Exit!
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- For those of you wondering how i produce so much w...
- Top Ten Comic book Characters
- TO A NEW DAY FOR RAMSEY
- Get to Grips
- My Definition of # 3 Tension
- a masterpiece of dialogue and editing from David F...
- Eastbound and Down
- The Definition of...# 2 grace
- To the Max
- GREED AINT GOOD
- My Double Bills # 3
- Classic Cads
- My Double Bills # 2
- victoria concordia crescit
- money makes the ball go around at the emirates
- TOP TEN TRAINERS (an opinion)
- The Definition of...# 1 Beauty
- The Blues Bothers 1980 Dir: John Landis Much ca...
- keep it safe
- Pole axed?
- A GUEST OPINION
- Top Ten Cool movie Characters...
- ... some reasons why i heart ADIDAS...
- A journey to Glory
- My Double Bills # 1
- True Romance on Valentines Day
- Top Ten Movie Psychotic/FrighteningCharacters
- a Timely Reissue awaits?
- pRetTY VaCAnT
- Cheer up it might never happen
- top gear; reasons to be hateful
- The Arsenal Stadium Mystery
- What is going on?
- Contemptuality at fifty
- From Delight to Despair in Five fallow years
- An Arsenal XI to cheer up all Arsenal fans!...and ...
- Faith & Hopeless album sleeves
- last thought on the John Terry micro row
- just a thought
- The waiting game
- another boring blog about Arsenal and that...
- ARSE against AKB
- I reccommend (for my fellow comic book devotees)
- For all Arsenal fans who attended The emirates 31/...
- ▼ February (47)