Thursday, 28 January 2010
Suckling at the corporate teat
Aside from the insipid performance in last nights Aston Villa v Arsenal game i chose to watch it in HD at the Emirates. £5 a ticket including free drink; John Smith and Fosters only, although it didn't say that in the small print. There was no small print. Aside from having to queue to get in and the lengthy queues at the bar the presentation was good. Good for the 50% who had arrived at 5.30 and claimed all the seats.
Then there was the wall, floor, and leaning around a pillar option.
The officious official who was obsessed about keeping the gangways clear didn't help either.
The number of tickets sold was far more than the venue could accommodate, therefore I can only attribute the sale of such a large number of tickets to corporate greed.
I shall not be so foolhardy as to attend another one of these screenings.
The insult to injury was that the performance was so awful.
Wenger "believes in this squad". Of course he's going to say that as he bought them. He can continue to say it as the revenue generated by last nights screenings keeps the corporation happy. So on the pitch and at HQ the product on offer was inferior.
But like most corporations the satisfaction is in profit not product.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- rubbish at Ashburton grove
- Captain material
- Emirates turns red to 'Lace Up, Save Lives'
- He who shall remain nameless
- Cock & Balls
- Suckling at the corporate teat
- one night in Soho part two
- one night in Soho
- Lady GaGa v Grace Jones= No contest
- Australia day
- Burns Night Ode
- Wenger's Squad Poverty
- Praise for Edie Falco
- pass on the peas
- idiocy in the UK
- Heil Haiti
- middle class tomfoolery
- Arsenal go top but is the glass half full
- Gonzo journalism?
- the Bs knees?
- Football v TV v Ego
- Rebel Celebrity
- under the influence (episode 1)
- Mr Angry from *********
- flash Harry
- walking on the beaches...
- modern manspurs
- not big not clever
- drawing comparisons
- where did it all go wrong
- the emirates and the che revolution
- reflections on a choked chicken
- Out of Ammo It’s over. The most immersive, mu...
- Well Hello there I have moved home from: welyousa...
- ▼ January (37)